Name: Andrii B. Kebkalo, MD, PhD, Dr Sc., Professor of Surgery
Office Address: Shupyk National Medical Academy of Postgraduate Education Department of General and Colorectal
Surgery, 9 Dorohozhytska Str., Kyiv, 04112 Ukraine
Home Address: 1 Jordanian Str. app.48, Kyiv, 04211 Ukraine
Work Phone: +38-097-309-33-96, +38-067-309-33-96
Place of Birth: Kiev, Ukraine
Undergraduate Medical Education:
1990 - 1996 National O. O. Bohomolets Medical University (Kiev, Ukraine). Faculty of Medicine.
1996 – 1999 Shupyk Kiev Medical Academy of Postgraduate Education (Kiev, Ukraine). Postgraduate specialty training (residency) in General Surgery.
1996 – 1999 Shupyk Kiev Medical Academy of Postgraduate Education (Kiev, Ukraine). PhD in General Surgery.
2003 - Shupyk National Medical Academy of Postgraduate Education (Kiev, Ukraine). Board Certification in Colorectal Surgery.
2011 - Shupyk National Medical Academy of Postgraduate Education
(Kiev, Ukraine). Board Certification in Surgical Oncology.
Employment and Placements:
1999-2003 - Shupyk National Medical Academy of Postgraduate Education
(Kiev, Ukraine). Assistant Professor of Surgery.
2003-2011 - Shupyk National Medical Academy of Postgraduate Education
(Kiev, Ukraine). Associate Professor of General and Colorectal Surgery.
2011 - Present time - Shupyk National Medical Academy of Postgraduate Education
(Kiev, Ukraine). Professor of General and Colorectal Surgery.
2016 Petrov Research Institute of Oncology (St Petersburg, Russia). Observership in Laparoscopic Oncological Gastrointestinal Surgery.
Short-term Training Courses:
2017 - Weill Cornell Medical College and Medical University of Vienna (Salzburg, Austria). Seminar "Gastrointestinal oncology”.
2019 - THD Training Course approved by the Royal College of Surgeons (London, UK).
Research and Publications (in the last 5 years):
1 Kebkalo A. B., Gordovsky V.A., Reyti A. O. The use of mini-invasive endoscopic drainage procedures controlled by ultrasonography in patients with acute necrotizing pancreatitis. Radiation diagnostics, radiation therapy. № 3-4. 2016. Pages 63-68.
2. Kebkalo A, Tryliskyy Y, Wong CS, Karpenko A, Bryce GJ. Laparoscopic Approach to the Management of Achalasia Associated with Large Hiatal Surface Area. Journal of Laparoendoscopic & Advanced Surgical Techniques Part B, Videoscopy. First published January 2016.
3. A.B.Kebkalo, М.V. Rublenko, S.V. Rublenko, І.V. Kliuzko, N.H. Ilynitskyy, Y.Tryliskyy, I. Negria, V.A. Kashtanov. Experimental model of massive gastrointestinal bleeding: methodology aspects. Clinical and Experimental Pathology Journal. Volume 3, Issue 57, September 2016, Pages 47 – 53.
4. Kebkalo A, Tryliskyy Y, Kliuzko І, Karpenko О, Sykorskiy N. Transfusion strategy in the setting of acute upper gastrointestinal haemorrhage: clinical importance and extent of the evidence, future solutions. World of Medicine and Biology. Volume 2, Issue 56, May 2016, Pages 186-192.
5. Tryliskyy Y, Kebkalo A, Rublenko M, Rublenko S, Ilynitskyy N. Safety Analysis of Endoscopic Hemostasis Using High-frequency Live Tissue Electric Welding Device – EKVZ300 PATONMED. Gastroenterology review journal Volume 3, Issue 13, 2018; Pages: 234–237.
6. Kebkalo A., Gordovsky V., Potochilova V., Produsevich L., Rudneva K. Comparative characteristics of laboratory studies of septic conditions in necrotic pancreatitis. Likarska sprava. N. 5-6. 2018. Pages 43-48.
7. Kebkalo A.B., Sorokin B.V., Zinich P.P. Neuro-endocrine tumors of the intestine and colon: diagnosis and treatment. Endokrinologia. Volum 23. N1 (1). 2018. Pages 32-34.
8. Kebkalo A.B., Reiti A.O., Hrianyla V.V. Method of laparoscopic omentoperitoneopexy as a means for prolonging effective filtration in peritoneal dialysis. Bulletin Of Problems Biology And Medicine. Volum 2 (149). 2019. Pages 250-254.
Presentations to Learning Societies (in the last 5 years):
Oral: Kebkalo A., Gordovskiy V. et al. Oral presentation 25th Congress of the European Association for Endoscopic Surgery 2017. Ultrasound Guided Endoscopic Debridement of Acute Infected Necrotising Pancreatitis.
Oral: Kebkalo A., Tyselsky V. et al. Oral presentation 26th Congress of the European Association for Endoscopic Surgery 2018. Welding of biological tissues and surgical treatment of oesophagus metaplasia in combination to gastroesophageal hernia.
Oral: Kebkalo A., Tyselsky V., Paratsiy Z. et al. Oral presentation The XXIV Congress of Surgeons of Ukraine is devoted to the 100th anniversary of the birth of O.O. Shalimova 2018. Minor invasive surgical interventions - Stage in the treatment of severe forms of necrotic pancreatitis.
Poster: Tryliskyy Y., Kebkalo A., et. al. Poster presentation at the 25th Congress of the European Association for Endoscopic Surgery 2017. Endoscopic hemostasis of experimental model of GI bleeding using high-frequency live tissue electric welding device - EKVZ300 PATONMED.
Poster: Kebkalo A., Reyti A. Poster presentation at the 26th Congress of the European Association for Endoscopic Surgery 2018. Hybrid technique of oesophageal portosystemic anastomoses separation.
Poster: Kebkalo A., Hryanyla V., Paratsiy Z. et al. Poster presentation at the 26th Congress of the European Association for Endoscopic Surgery 2018. Prevention of peritoneal catheter dysfunction in patients with terminal stage of renal failure.
Poster: Tryliskyy Y., Derkach R., Kebkalo A. The analysis of skeletal injury mortality in road traffic accidents in Kiev region (Ukraine) Poster presentation at the ”Meeting challenges of trauma care in Low and Low Middle Income Countries (LMICs)” 2018.
Editorial and reviewing:
MSc and PhD projects reviewer and examiner. Shupyk National Medical Academy of Postgraduate Education Kiev, Ukraine, O.O. Bogomoltsa National Medical University Kiev, Ukraine.
Education and teaching:
PhD, MSc projects supervision; clinical and educational supervisor for colorectal & surgical oncology fellows (3 annually).
Faculty lead and organizer of the joint educational event and masterclass in laparoscopic colorectal surgery in Kiev, Ukraine 2-4 May 2018 (Kiev Regional Clinical Hospital & BIDMC Harvard Medical School collaborative). Invited lecturer for the event was Dr Poylin V, Assistant Professor of the Harvard Medical School.
Faculty lead and organizer of the EAES endorsed and ESCP, ESSO, ESO recommended educational conference and masterclasses: Advanced Lower Gastrointestinal Surgery and Endoscopy Symposium. Live surgery. Dates: 16-18 April 2019. venue: Kiev Regional Clinical Hospital No. 1, Kiev, Ukraine.
Invited Clinical Expert: General and Colorectal Surgery Technology and Research & Medico-Legal for the Ministry of Health of Ukraine.
Honorary member: Academic Senate of the Kiev’s Scientific Centre of Endocrine Surgery.
Membership in Professional Organizations & Societies:
2016-present - Member of European Association Endoscopic Surgery.
2018-present – Chief of Kiev Regional Society of Surgeon.